Wednesday 19 December 2012

Quick Picks!


Hiya guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssss (obnoxious enough for ya?)


So over the past week I've picked up a couple of things, not each worth their own post bar the foundation (and something I'm saving for next time), so they can all be lumped together here because I'm hoping not to ramble about them too much.


SEPHORA Pencil Sharpener

This little cutie is from Sephora, my new favourite place since one opened up nearby recently. As you can see, it doesn't exactly warrant it's own post as it's just a run of the mill pencil sharpener. It came in green, purple, orange and pink. I channelled my inner girly girl and went for the pink. I like the addition of the colour because a) it's fun and b) easy to find in your bag if you need it on the go for whatever reason!







REVLON COLORSTAY gel eyeliner in Black

This is Revlon's COLORSTAY gel eyeliner. I'm late to this gel eyeliner trend, and so as it was reduced from $12.99 to $9.99 I decided to finally partake. If you can see in the photo, there's a little line in the handle. This twists off and holds the brush on the end. Very clever. I like the applicator, I like the consistency of the product, and most importantly how the gel looks when it first goes on but I'm not overly impressed with the staying power of it. Maybe I'm just too much of a newbie with it? If anybody has any tips to increase longer wear let me know. I do usually love Revlon products so this is surprising to me.
Rimmel STAY MATTE pressed powder in shade 003 Natural
This is Rimmel's "Stay Matte" pressed powder. Not much to say about this, as powder isn't exactly an exciting product even though it is what I consider to be an essential (just to set everything and even out). It's one of the few products I'm already loyal to and it lasts ages and barely costs anything! Absolute bargain beauty of a product at only $7.99, and in the UK I believe it's £3.99.


Rimmel Hide The Blemish concealer. I bought Ivory!

Another Rimmel bargain beauty at £4.49 and roughly $8.00 in North America. Does exactly what it promises, comes in a variety of shades and is easy to apply and throw in your handbag for on-the-go applications! (Apologies for the stock photo, I couldn't find my own when I wanted to post this)




Hope you enjoyed my Quick Picks!

Hannah :)

2 comments:

  1. Is the powder any good for really pale skin? I find most tend to go orangey on me, but I need a good mattifying one!

    www.leadwiththehips.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really pale hon and honestly I love it! There's numerous shades you can get, I usually am not too bothered even if I get translucent because I purely use it to set my make-up and don't need a lot as my skin type is dry. I'd 100% recommend it, you don't need expensive powder.

    ReplyDelete