Wednesday 30 January 2013

Which Archie Girl Are You?


MAC COSMETICS: MAC Archie’s Girls Collection For Spring 2013 via #SheSaidBeauty     #MACCosmetics #MAC #ArchiesGirls #MACArchiesGirls #BettyandVeronica #Archie #ArchieComics #cosmetics #makeup #fashion #beauty #skincare #spring #2013


Hello there!

The long-awaited Archie Girls collection by MAC has arrived in cyberspace as of today, and will launch on counters and in stores in a week's time (Feb 7th). Globally the limited edition collection will be available from March onward, depending on how long it lasts...

I've heard things on and off about it for a while, but it only really popped into my head today and when I checked on the Canadian MAC site I was disappointed to see that the two lipsticks in particular that I had my eye upon have already sold out (I need to work on my timing clearly...in future, must sit with laptop and credit card all.day.long. Screw groceries, this is some REAL shopping). HOWEVER, I have faith that I shall get my hands on something I like, somehow.

First off, the packaging is the cutest thing I have ever seen. It evokes the real kitschy 50s feel of the comics, with white backgrounds decorated with small bright red hearts. Some of the products have Archie's face with a girl flanking either side of him (what a rascal), but the majority of the products are split by the two "heroines" of the comic, love rivals and best friends Betty (Cooper) and Veronica (Lodge) who both vie for the ultimate adorable ginger, Archie. After all, it's based on their characters and not his. That would be a bit odd.

The "colour story" is relatively simplistic and predictable but that's not at all a criticism and I think it reflects their characters well. MAC did a really good job of illustrating this (comic joke, geddit?).

For those of you who aren't familiar with the Archie comics, Betty is the blonde character, your stereotypical all-American cutesy girl next door. Her products are shimmery, pastel shades and very seasonally appropriate. Lots of light pastel pinks, corals and peaches. The eyeshadow quad inspired by Betty is very neutral. 

Veronica is the brunette/raven-haired seductress and Betty's total opposite. Some may see she is the more...precocious lady of the two (what is the polite way of saying Betty's the prude and Veronica is the...sluttier one? I don't think there is, is there?) ANYWAY, Veronica's colours are reds, purples and plums etc. Betty is the light, bright end of the spectrum and Veronica's colours are darker and richer.

Judging by my own personal style, the Veronica shades are more my cup of tea. I'm certainly not afraid of bright colour, and while I do like neutrals, being pale (as you all know, judging by the name of my blog) I feel that for the most part, jewel toned shades are much more flattering on me than pastel ones are.

Here is a taster of what's to come, and if I manage to get my hands on any of the products I'd fancy I will absolutely let you know and do a review!

Betty products:


Veronica products:


Let me know which one you liked best, or if you manage to get a hold of something and want to rant/rave about it!


Hannah


Note: All images were located via the official Archie Comics board on Pinterest. They are not my own. Credit where credit's due and all that - I wish I had all those products on my shelf ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment